I've been hearing LOTS of talk about this cookie butter stuff Trader Joe's sells. It's like peanut butter, but it's made with speculoos cookies, basically, cookies that taste like those cookies from Delta Airlines. I bought a jar (obviously) and have piled this stuff on bananas, graham crackers...on a spoon directly into my mouth...It's super creamy, sweet, and a nice spice/cinnamon flavor. Naturally, the next step is to bake the cookie butter into something...a cookie seemed perfect.
These were super simple to pull together. Essentially a very similar recipe to peanut butter cookies made with the requisite butter and sugar. The recipe I found was from The Coterie Blog. Only change I made was to skimp a bit on the sugar, since the cookie butter itself was already pretty sweet.
Recipe makes approximately 2 dozen cookies:
- 1/2 c. cookie butter
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter and speculoos with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup of the flour, the sugars, egg, baking suda, baking powder, and vanilla. Beat till thoroughly combined. Beat in remaining flour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8-9 minutes or till bottoms are lightly browned.