Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches


I like BBQ, I like crock pot cooking, and had 4 boneless pork loin chops in the freezer. Thus, the birth of this recipe. I usually do this with chicken and get more moist results, but think that this was very tasty. If I were to make pork BBQ again I'd look for a fattier cut of meat. But the pork loin chops worked well for me, especially since it's what I had on hand. The best part about making this in the crock pot (aside from the fact it took 5 minutes to put together before I left for work) was that when I came home from work my house smelled like glorious bacon. I thought for a moment that my husband had fried some up for breakfast, but then remembered that no - I had actually thought ahead to make dinner, and was cooking up yummy pork BBQ. What a wonderful moment.

Serves 3-4 people

Ingredients:
4 boneless pork loin chops - frozen or fresh
Favorite BBQ sauce
Hamburger buns

Directions:
Throw your frozen chops in a crockpot
Douse in lots of BBQ sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Rays) until very very well coated, but don't use it all - you'll need some more later.
Set on low and cook for 8-10 hours, or until it's cooked through (probably a shorter amount of time, but this is how long I was at work!)
Pull out the pork, shred with a fork or chop with a knife. Should come apart very easily!
Here's where that remaining sauce comes in - in microwave safe bowl, add some BBQ sauce to the bottom (about 1/4-1/2 cup) and microwave until warm
Add the shredded pork to the warm BBQ sauce and toss to coat
Add some of the BBQ sauce from the crock pot to the bowl and toss to coat
Serve up on hamburger buns!

If you want to make pulled chicken instead of pulled pork (which I actually think is a bit better) just replace the 4 pork loin chops with 2 or 3 large chicken breasts (bone in, skin on). Prepare the same way. When you remove the chicken to shred just remove the skin and bones - which should come right off. And, when adding the BBQ sauce that's cooked down in your crock pot, take care to not add back any bones or skin that's fallen off when pulling the moist, tender chicken from the crock pot.
Posted by Picasa

Comments