Banana Crumb Muffins

These muffins are SO good and SO easy. I've been making them for the last couple of years, ever since I found them on allrecipes.com. I think they're one of the highest rated recipes on the site. The recipe is really pretty simple, but I make just a couple of modifications to it.

Ingredients for muffins:
  • 1.5 C. flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/8-1/4 tsp cinnamon (my addition)
  • 3 mashed bananas
  • 3/4 C. white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 C. melted butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla (my addition)

Ingredients for crumb topping:
  • 1/3 C. packed brown sugar
  • 2 TBS flour
  • 1/8 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 TBS butter

Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake cups.
  2. In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, except white sugar.
  3. In another bowl, starting from the bananas down, combine all the wet ingredients (including the white sugar).
  4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Don't overmix.
  5. Pour into the muffin cups.
  6. For the crumb topping, put all the ingredients in a bowl.
  7. Using a fork, break the butter into the mixture, so that it becomes a coarse meal texture.
  8. Sprinkle on top of the muffins.
  9. Bake for 15-20 minutes!

These don't last long in my house! How do you like my kissing frogs muffin cups?? Enjoy!

Comments

  1. My mom just made muffins similar to this last weekend. So yummy!
    ~bensbaby116

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment