Ingredients for 2-3 Chicken Caesar Pitas:
- Pita bread (recipe here)
- 1 bunch of romaine lettuce
- Your favorite creamy caesar dressing
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Lemon pepper & garlic salt or garlic pepper
- Rinse and dry romaine lettuce. Chop into bite-sized pieces. Store in bowl in refrigerator for later.
- Rinse and dry chicken. Cut in half.
- If grilling: Sprinkle garlic salt & lemon pepper on chicken breasts and place on a hot grill and cook through.
- If using grill pan/broiler: Place PLAIN chicken into a lightly greased, hot grill pan. Cook on first side until halfway cooked. Flip the chicken. While second side cooks, sprinkle with garlic salt, lemon pepper. When nearly cooked through, flip another time, and sprinkle garlic salt and lemon pepper on the other side of the chicken. You can also finish in an oven heated to 350 (found doing this helps if grill pan begins to get really smoky).
- Let cooked chicken rest on cutting board. Slice into strips when it's cooled a bit.
- Toss the romaine with caesar dressing.
- Place pile of lettuce and a few strips of chicken on a warm pita, fold up like a taco and enjoy!