Pesto is a household favorite and I had all the ingredients on hand to make this tasty, light pizza. I think next time I'll use a little bit more cheese or possibly fresh mozzarella and a slightly stronger pesto. But overall, it's really easy to pull this together, and you could omit the tomatoes and sub roasted red peppers for an equally delicious pizza.
- Pizza dough (recipe here)
- 1/2 C. of left over grilled, roasted or rotisserie chicken, diced
- 1 fresh tomato, thinly sliced with seeds removed
- 2 Tbsp to 1/4 cup of fresh pesto
- 1/4 cup mozzarella
- Heat pizza stone in oven to 475 degrees
- Roll out pizza dough to desired thickness, sprinkle cornmeal on pizza peel and place dough on the peel.
- Spread pesto out on the dough with back of a spoon
- Top with grilled chicken, and sliced tomatoes
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until nicely golden brown and cheese is melted