Glorious Grilled Chicken


This isn't really a recipe post. I just had to share the photo I shot of the chicken and corn we grilled. See that smoke wafting off that deliciously charred chicken breast? YUM.

The key to the best BBQ chicken is using bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts. Start with a dry rub if you've got it. Then lightly baste in your favorite BBQ sauce (I prefer Stubb's or Sweet Baby Ray's). Continue basting - I usually go 3 or 4 times - 'til cooked through. It takes somet time, so be patient, it's worth it.

And the corn was the best we've ever had. Juicy, giant kernels that popped right off the cob with just a light bite. Trick to these were shucking the corn, wrapping in foil along with a pat of butter, and putting on indirect heat. The indirect heat part is important. We tried grilling foil-wrapped corn on direct heat a few days later and ended up with over-cooked/charred corn. Not so good. I'm not sure I can ever cook corn on the cob on the stove again! Grilling is the way to go.
Posted by Picasa

Comments