Roasted Corn and Poblano Chili Salsa

One of the salsas I've recently discovered at Chipotle is their roasted corn salsa. My Chipotle Burrito Bowl night just wouldn't be complete without it, so this is my attempt at recreating it. I'd say it's a pretty good attempt!

I used the broiler to roast the corn and poblano. When roasting, you should watch your pepper and corn very closesly, turning frequently so that you don't have any overly-roasted spots. If fresh sweet corn isn't available, I would use frozen corn in its place.

I halved the recipe I found online, and it made a couple cups of salsa. Plenty of leftovers!

Here's the recipe from Chiptolefan.com - Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe

Ingredients (I halved this and still made a ton!)
  • 6 Ears Sweet Yellow Corn
  • 2 Poblano Chilies
  • 1/2 Red Onion
  • 2 Jalapenos
  • 1/3 Cup Chopped Cilantro
  • 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
  • Salt and Pepper to Taste

Directions:
  1. Roast the corn and Poblano chilies on a grill or BBQ and let cool. (I used my broiler, watching them closely for 5-10 minutes)
  2. Cut the corn off the cob.
  3. Dice the Poblano chilies, onion, and red jalapenos.
  4. Combine all the ingredients and season to taste.
Posted by Picasa

Comments