This recipe is very similar to my favorite salsas at mexican restaurants. Great tomato flavor, nice kick with a touch of garlic. Not too much onion or cilantro. Give it a whirl! But maybe cut it in half if you don't want an entire vat full of salsa to work through.
Here's the recipe: Restaurant Style Salsa from the Pioneer Woman
- 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
- 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
- ¼ cups Chopped Onion
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
- ¼ teaspoons Sugar
- ¼ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Ground Cumin
- ½ cups Cilantro
- ½ whole Lime Juice
- Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like.
- Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
- Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour.