Easy Pesto Pasta


At it's core, this "recipe" is hands down the easiest pasta recipe I make. But I often amp it up by adding sauteed chicken, tomatoes, mushrooms, asparagus, peas, or artichokes to this. Or I swap out the pasta shape subbing in a store-bought gnocchi. Some day, when I have an abundance of basil, and am willing to purchase pricey pine nuts and parmesan, I'll make my own homemade pesto for use here. But for now, I'm sticking with locally-produced pesto that I can find at the grocery store from Carlanna Gardens in Wisconsin. Tastes great and is available in the middle of winter!

4-6 servings
Ingredients:
  • 1lb linguine, fettucine, or spaghetti
  • 1 tub store-bought pesto sauce (about 6 ounces)
  • Parmesan cheese

Directions:
  1. Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking water
  2. While pasta is cooking pour pesto sauce in bowl large enough for tossing the pasta
  3. Add 1/2 of the reserved cooking water to the pesto to thin. Add hot pasta and toss to combine. If sauce is too thick, add remaining cooking water until thinned enough for your preference
Adding other ingredients to this dish?? Sautee separately while the pasta cooks, then toss in when combining the pesto & pasta.
Posted by Picasa

Comments