Raspberry Banana Smoothie

I've recently started making smoothies as an answer to my nightly sweet tooth. I've always got bananas around and frozen fruit, so when a craving for ice cream hits, I've started blending these up instead.

The beauty of the smoothie is that it's packed full of fruit, so it's super healthy, and it's so easy to pull together with whatever fruits you've got around. And, use whatever liquid you have on hand, whether it's yogurt, milk, orange juice, pineapple juice, or even a splash of half and half (if you have nothing else around!). I haven't gotten to the point of adding flax into this yet, but I know lots of other smoothie people do. I almost bought some at the Willy Street Co-op last weekend, but wasn't sure I wanted to spend $10 on a gigantic bag.

Some combinations I've tried (or want to try):
Blueberry/Raspberry/Banana/OJ/Pineapple Juice/Yogurt
Banana/Peanut Butter/Yogurt
Banana/Chocolate/Yogurt
Blueberry/OJ/Yogurt
Strawberry/Banana/Pineapple Juice/Yogurt

So give this a try, but change it up with what ever floats your boat. The key is to taste as you go and adjust as necessary!

Ingredients (for two small smoothies):
  • 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 2 tbsp of orange juice
  • 8-10 ice cubes

Directions:
  1. Toss all ingredients into a blender. Pulse until blended. Taste and adjust ingredient levels as needed.

Comments