Spicy, Pressed Carving Board Chicken Sandwich

This is by far one of the best sandwiches I've ever made. And, aside from a BLT with a garden-fresh tomato, this is one of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten. You all should know, I work for Kraft Foods Oscar Mayer...so it's only natural that I'd use some of the great food my company makes to develop a sandwich that Chris has actually requested more than once (that never happens with sandwiches, even BLTs... I take that back. He requests burgers a lot). It makes my life easier that I can buy most of the ingredients for this sandwich at the company store in my office building too!

There are a few things that make this sandwich awesome. First, the bacon. Who doesn't like an excuse to eat bacon? Crispier the better. Second is the chicken. Carving Board Rotisserie Chicken is is what makes this a winner for Chris. Chris isn't a cold cut eater, but this Carving Board Chicken is moist and juicy like the chicken we'd get if we had bought a rotisserie chicken and sliced it ourselves, but better because someone else sliced it. And last, but certainly not least, the bread. I know you all have experienced a grilled panini that tears the roof of your mouth up because it's dry or over-grilled. I don't know about you, but for me, that wrecks the entire panini experience. The bread I use here is ciabatta bread and when the exterior is buttered and grilled (just like a grilled cheese) you'll end up with a crispy shell and a soft bready interior. No painful eating experience! Only deliciousness!

(Did I mention, I work for Kraft Foods Oscar Mayer? Sorry folks, I have to say that.)

Here's the "recipe" for two sandwiches

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 loaf ciabatta bread, cut into 2 sandwiches and split (the loaf I found was at Target in their bakery/fresh bread section)
  • 1/2 Tbs butter
  • 2-3 Tbs ranch dressing (I used Kraft Ranch)
  • Couple pinches of cayenne pepper (omit if you don't want it too spicy)
  • 2-3 slices pepper jack cheese (I used the new Kraft Big Slice pepper jack cheese)
  • 1 mashed avocado
  • 4 slices bacon, cooked to crispy (3-4 minutes in the microwave)
  • 1/2 package Carving Board Rotisserie Chicken

Directions:
  1. For each sandwich, butter the outsides of the ciabatta bread. Spread 1 to 1.5 Tbs of ranch dressing on one side of bread. Sprinkle with pinch of cayenne pepper. Spread 1/2 avocado and top with the chicken, two slices of bacon and pepper jack cheese.
  2. In a skillet over medium heat place the sandwich in the pan with the cheese side closest to the bottom (this will help the cheese get all melty). Using a plate or strong spatula, press the sandwich down to flatten a bit. After 3-4 minutes carefully flip the sandwich and grill the other side, continuing to press the sandwich. If the cheese isn't melting, cover the pan with a lid briefly.
  3. When each side has gotten as crispy as you want it, remove from heat, cut in half and serve.
Posted by Picasa

Comments