Southwestern Cobb Salad

I like making filling, no-cook dinners for during the week. I also like dinners that use up leftover ingredients and things I usually have on hand. This recipe - and I use that term VERY loosely - came together in probably 10 minutes and was just the dinner I needed tonight.

When I've made this salad in the past I've thrown a hard-boiled egg in, or leftover cooked, diced chicken breast to pump up the protein. You could just as easily add diced turkey or chicken deli meat to this too or even go meatless, as I did most recently using black beans and avocado.

I like spicing this up by topping with salsa, and finishing with ranch dressing and broken tortilla chips for a little crunch. If I had big flour tortillas on hand, this would have gotten tossed together, wrapped in a tortilla and grilled. But, just as good served in a bowl!

Ingredients, for one salad:
  • 1/4 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
  • 1/4 cup low sodium black beans, rinsed
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheese
  • 1/4 cup frozen corn, defrosted at room temp
  • 1/2 roma tomato, diced
  • 1/2 avocado sliced
  • Salsa
  • Ranch
Directions:
Toss it all together and eat it. You're done!
Posted by Picasa

Comments