Chipotle Mexican Grill Burrito Bowl Night


I think that my husband and I have eaten at Chipotle once a week for the last six weeks. The extremely fresh and flavorful ingredients makes it irresistible. Well, I thought that I'd try to create our Chipotle experience at home, and tonight, I think I landed pretty close!

Here is what this meal consisted of:

Spicy Red Tomato Salsa
Roasted Corn and Poblano Chili Pepper Salsa
Pico De Gallo Salsa
Guacamole
Cilantro Lime Rice
Spicy, Smoky Black Beans
Monterrey Jack/Cheddar Cheese
Romaine Lettuce
Tortilla Chips

There are a few things in that list that I pulled together without a true "recipe" and I'll give a brief overview of my approach below. The other recipes are linked above. Enjoy!!

Guacamole:
I often make Guacamole with just an Avocado, Lime, and salt (sometimes I even use seasoning salt). But, to emulate the Chipotle restaurant guacamole, you should mash avocado, add in chopped red onion, minced jalapeno, lime juice (typically 1/2 lime per avocado) and a little cilantro. Salt to taste. I didn't add measurements because key to this is add as much or as little of each ingredient as you like. Taste as you go!

Cilantro Lime Rice:
Cook Basmati or Texmati rice according to the directions. Once cooked, fluff, add in 2-3 TBSP of vegetable oil, juice from 1/2 a lime, and 1 TBSP of chopped cilantro. Salt to taste.

Spicy, Smoky Black Beans:
For convenience, I opt to use canned black beans. To prepare for this use, I pour the entire can, juice and all, into a small pot and heat it up. Season with 1/4 to 1/8th tsp of Chipotle Chili Pepper.


Posted by Picasa

Comments